Podcast 105: Pieter Wolters and Ank Stuyfzand: Focus On Yourself.
Focus on yourself.
Pieter Wolters and Ank Stuyfzand are proud of their son’s character and growth; they are also proud of their own growth as parents.
In our series of interviews with Hyde Alumni Parents, I usually ask the question “What was working in your parenting before you got to Hyde?”
Ank Stuyfzand and Pieter Wolters had several answers:
- Ank: We always had high standards for our son and for ourselves.
- Pieter: We kept to the same guidelines in a situation.
- Ank: We kept an open communication with each other.
Despite what sounds like a solid foundation in their parenting, they felt their son needed a school with more structure. They were not seeking a character-based school, but after visiting the school and learning about the curriculum, they were sold on Hyde for their son.
“A huge turning point for me,” said Ank, “was when I was told to focus on myself and let my son focus on himself.”
Pieter and Ank’s story is not unusual; they jumped into The Biggest Job Parent Program with both feet, not really liking it very much at first, but knowing they needed to make some changes in themselves. They advise other parents to do the same. They are proud of where their son is today and proud of themselves as parents.
To Subscribe to the Parenting Teens Podcast:
From your Mobile Device:
- Open the Podcast app and search the iTunes podcast store for “Hyde School” or “Parenting Teens Biggest Job.”
- Click the Subscribe button.