Podcast 52: Laura Gauld: Parenting is Messy, Mantras 71 – 75
“Parenting is messy,” says Laura Gauld. When I think about this, it’s really true! Parenting is messy. Just accepting this might make the job a little easier, don’t you think? We might not get so caught up in how we look as a parent or how we’re doing at the job. It’s also important to remember that humor and humility are two very important traits in parenting.
In this podcast, Laura shares with us the following mantras from Fundamental #4 (Have faith in your child’s unique potential and the larger forces at work):
- Take hold and let go.
- Humility to ask for and accept help.
- You may not always see the teacher in your child’s life.
- “Turn that attitude into gratitude.”
- Let go of yesterday and tomorrow.
To Subscribe to the Parenting Teens Podcast:
From your Mobile Device:
- Open the Podcast app and search the iTunes podcast store for “Hyde School” or “Parenting Teens Biggest Job.”
- Click the Subscribe button.