Podcast 46: Laura Gauld: Focus on family spirit and not family image, Mantras 51-55
“Focus on family spirit and not family image.”
What an important and thought-provoking mantra, especially in a world where image seems to be everything.
But how do we do this? “It’s not easy,” says Laura Gauld; “and it’s usually a struggle or challenge in the family that gets us to the point of understanding that each family does have a family spirit, and that family spirit is more important than our family image.”
The mantras in this podcast are:
- Plan an activity with each child.
- Value and expect manners
- Teach a firm handshake and eye contact.
- Teach a family motto and live it.
- Focus on family spirit and not family image.
To Subscribe to the Parenting Teens Podcast:
From your Mobile Device:
- Open the Podcast app and search the iTunes podcast store for “Hyde School” or “Parenting Teens Biggest Job.”
- Click the Subscribe button.